Hi, I nominated you for the Liebster award. Please pass it on by seeing my post for directions.
It was from Meg of Because I Said So (and Other Mommyisms). She is the queen of kid-focused, fun and cute crafts that are doable in an afternoon. One of my favorites are her paperback pumpkins. I am honored she nominated me for an award. Liebster is a German word meaning sweetheart, beloved person or darling. Sometimes a girl needs a little reminding that they are beloved, especially by people outside their family.
As a Liebster award receiver, I must do the following:
- Thank the blogger who nominated/awarded me.
- Answer 11 questions asked by the person who awarded me. (Meg only gave me 10.)
- Nominate/award 11 other blogs with links.
- Pose 11 of my own questions to my nominees.
- Put the Liebster Award logo on my blog.
I’m not sure I’ll be able to come up with 11 interesting comments to pass on, but I can certainly do my best to answer the ones posed.
- If I had a million dollars, I would pay off my parents home, take my in-laws on a fabulous vacation and help my brothers with their student loans. (And pay mine off as well, of course.)
- What is the best gift you ever received? The best gift I ever received were meals from the many moms in my MOPS group while on bed rest during my second pregnancy and for weeks after The Hare was born. It was such a relief to know that my family was taken care of while I was less than able to take care of them myself.
- What inspires you? I would honestly have to say my children inspire me the most. They inspire me to be a better person in order to model the type of women I hope them to be someday. Their determination, creativeness and athleticism also inspire me to step outside of my comfort zone, because after-all, if they can then why can’t I?
- If you could have a “do-over” in life, what would you try to do differently? That is such a hard question for anyone to answer, because by changing one thing in the past, you would change so much that came after. Of course I should have graduated college before getting married the first time, but then I wouldn’t have my beautiful Tortoise. And deep down I wish I had gotten a teaching certificate years ago, but then I might not have had the opportunity to stay home with The Hare. Of course, if I had made other choices, the life I had would be all I know.
- What is something that most people don’t know about you? As a blog writer, I don’t know if it is possible to have many secrets any more. I can tell you that I have eaten food that has dropped on the floor. It was of course, chocolate, enough said.
- What is your favorite magazine? I have two subscriptions, however, neither of them are a sit down with a cup of tea kind of reading. Runner’s World and Experience Life
- What is your proudest moment? Hands down, I felt the most proud crossing the finish line of my first half marathon this past June. It was well worth the effort.
- If your house was on fire, what one thing you would grab before getting out? The Hare and I recently had this conversation, actually. She of course wants to grab her favorite pillow and iPod. I just want my kids, husband and dog. Beyond that, everything else is either replaceable or just not that important.
- What are you most afraid of? I’ve always had a crazy fear of dying in front of my children. I’m not sure where that comes from, but I have had several terrible nightmares about all kinds of scenarios involving this fear.
- If you could have any job, just for a day, what would you do? I would be a travel writer on location at some fabulous beach-side spa resort. My day would include all the amenities the resort has to offer so that I could honestly write about them. Hmmm, I’m seeing a job change in my future.
Now it is my turn. I don’t like this part of receiving a blog award, because I have the hardest time narrowing down the list. There are too many people well deserving and I hate leaving anyone out. Hopefully all my regular bloggy buddies already know how amazing and dear they are to me. Here are 11 bloggers I think are pretty awesome, and many thanks for sticking with me this year even in my absence.
The Liebster Award goes to:
- What They Don’t Teach You in Deer River
- Agrigirl’s Blog
- Not Just Another Mother Blogger
- idiosyncratic eye
- Mudpies and Sunshine
- Tuesday2’s Blog
- Nola Girl at Heart
- Inside Out
- Miriam Joy Writes
- Dances with Chaos
- Coming East
And as far as questions? Here are a few that are on my mind today, but please, feel free to write your own.
- How do you balance your creativity with your life?
- Why did you start blogging?
- Do you own more books in print or electronically?
- What kind of music do you listen to when you write?
- Which of your 5 senses would be the most devastating to lose?
- What is the worst advice you have ever received?
- What is the best advice you have ever received?
- What food comes to mind when you think of “comfort food”?
- Do you crave salt or sweet?
- What one thing are you most proud of from this past year?
- What one thing to you most hope to achieve in the next year?