This first week of school has felt like the first week of fall. It has been wet, over cast and only in the low 60’s. In fact, some evenings got down into the 40’s. For some reason, as soon as the weather starts turning, I start craving comfort food and my crockpot. This recipe is not only easy, but healthy. My family will eat just about anything in a flour tortilla, too.
Southwestern Chicken Burritos
Makes 6 servings
Ideal slow-cooker size: 6-quart
2 15 1/4-oz. cans corn, drained
15-oz. can black beans, rinsed and drained
16-oz. jar chunky salsa, divided
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine corn, black beans, and 1/2 cup salsa in slow cooker.
- Top with chicken. Pour remaining salsa over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on high 3-4 hours or low 7-8 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred in a shallow dish.
- Remove remaining ingredients with a slotted spoon and mix with the shredded chicken.
- Serve in warm flour tortillas and add your favorite toppings, i.e. shredded cheese, sour cream, guacamole