I had this great idea last night to start a blog hop of recipes. Savory Saturdays came to mind as a consistent blog post platform. Yes, I know, today isn’t actually Saturday so we’ll have to pretend this week. I was too tired last night to actually get to work. But if you are like me, then Sunday tends to be my day to create a meal-plan and a grocery list for the week. It would be awesome to be able to pull recipes from a multitude of blogs that feature family friendly meals all at one time.
However, you’ll notice that my recipe link has changed to Savory Saturdays, so keep a look out next week for the next recipe post. I’m also in the process of putting together a list of resources for busy moms to help with meal planning and food preparation, so send in your favorite links too!
Grilled Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Breast
Prep: 7 minutes Cook: 6 minutes
2 Tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto *
2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil**
1 Tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 (4-ounce) chicken breast cutlets
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
*Tomato pesto is too expensive to just use 2 Tablespoons, so I used jarred sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil and put them in a food processor with everything else to make my own “pesto”.
**I prefer to keep herb pastes in the fridge (i.e. basil paste) because they last longer than fresh herbs and still taste as good.
1. Prepare grill.
2. Combine first 4 ingredients. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; coat with cooking spray.
3. Place chicken on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill 3 minutes on each side or until done.
4. Spoon pesto mixture evenly over chicken.
Yield: 4 servings Calories: 137
Warm Cannellini Bean Salad
Prep: 3 minutes Cook: 10 minutes
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, vertically cut into thin slices
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 (12-ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers
4 cups baby arugula
4 teaspoons balsamic glaze (not the same as vinaigrette)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 6 minutes or until lightly browned and tender, stirring occasionally.
2. Add garlic; saute 1 minute. Add beans, peppers, and arugula; cook 1 to 2 minutes or just until arugula begins to wilt.
3. Spoon salad evenly onto 4 serving plates. Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
Yield: 4 servings Calories: 134
Now it’s your turn – enter your link to make our lives easier and more tasty!
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view the entire list of entered links…